“A wellness program for South Asian seniors 60 years plus”
After a very challenging 2020 we began 2021 with inspiration, hope and positivity. Our new wellness program expressly for South Asian seniors living in the GTA called – Artful Connections has helped us to get through the winter months with a little help from the arts and the artists. We are now offering Spring workshops in April and May 2021. Join us from the comfort of your own home to learn something new or do a little more of what you love. Meet new people and have a little fun (hopefully a lot of fun) among fellow seniors. We welcome all seniors 60 plus who will have access to join us online who reside in the GTA (including but not limited to Mississauga / Brampton / Halton Hills / Toronto / Etobicoke /Scarborough). Workshop are offered FREE of charge. Spaces will be offered on a first come basis. Participants will be able to participate in ONE artistic activity of interest. Workshops will be offered in English however, translations may also be offered in additional languages such as Hindi/Gujarati when possible.
How To Register:
- Please click here: REGISTRATION . Please register at least by 12 Noon a day before.
- You will receive a confirmation once your registration form is reviewed by our Program Coordinator.
- If you do not receive any communication within two days please call or WhatsApp 416-726-9824.
- Everyone must be pre-registered to take part in the program and must be confirmed before the start date of the first workshop.
- Please complete after you have attended the workshops. –
Things to Note:
- Spots will be offered on a first come basis until full.
- Should your selected arts activity be full, please consider another arts activity.
- Each participant receives two workshops in one activity of their choice.
- 10 participants are required for the workshop to move ahead. As such, a workshop may need to be cancelled or rescheduled.
- If you have been confirmed for a workshop and are unable to attend, we would ask that you be in touch by email to email@example.com at the earliest possible.
For more information, please reach out with the details below to our Program Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org. To call or Whats App please use 416-678-3906.
Artists and Workshop Schedules
DANCE with Let’s Nacho
Bollywood Inspired Movement – Bollywood is all about great energy, fabulous music, upbeat dance moves and feel-good vibes. We invite you to join us for what will surely be a fun break in your day as we crank-up the tunes from your favourite Bollywood films and dance the afternoon away together. Who knows, you just might learn a new move or two! All levels of ability welcome. Let’s nacho! – Instagram handle: @letsnacchho
Tuesdays OR Thursdays from 12 noon to 1-30 pm
MUSIC/VOCALS with Rajashree Karandikar
Bollywood Classics – An introduction to Indian Classical music through old Bollywood songs. Let us take a trip down memory lane… Experience nostalgia. Participants will sing songs based on popular Hindusthani Ragas and simply have fun!
Tuesdays OR Fridays from 10 am to 11-30 am
WRITING with Susan K.
Writing in the language of your choice. Craft a memoir, a short story, an anecdote, a poem or a recipe! Established writer Susan K. will lead you through a series of exercises to get your creative writing flowing!
Mondays OR Thursdays from 10 am to 11-30 am